The running dog

The running dog. Look at it for a while, it will make sense. But you have to find it somewhere first.

I found this term by accident and I liked it immediately. What can this be? It is a classical ornament often used in a frieze, similar to the wave ornament. It is also called a vitruvian schroll. It looks like this:



(Picture from

Something to look up: What is a frieze?